Friday, October 14, 2011

The Rhetorical Tradition, p. 553-580

The Renaissance continues to be one of the most powerful periods of history, in my opinion. When I think I've read enough about it, I find something else that pulls me back in.

Most of my background in the area is from an art standpoint, but reading about the rhetoricians is something new for me. Humanism was such a profound period, but I knew very little about Scholasticism, or it's effects on the writing of the time and beyond.

My computer is something I take for granted--I cannot write without it, I can't really even read without it (I prefer e-books). This time period saw the origins of true writing--creative individuals who stood up for what they believed in to actually write, quill and paper, about rhetoric and so many influential philosophies that shape modern communication. It's hard to grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment